Wednesday 29 January 2014

Pure Wensleydale Batts

These are a selection of my latest additions to my Etsy shop.  I am  dying my Wensleydale fleece and then carding it on my Wild Carder.  I dye about 300 grams of each colour way and then card it 4 times to get it as smooth as possible.  I can dye larger quantities if needed and blend them as I am carding in case there is a slight variation in the shade.  The wool is wonderfully soft and full of lanolin.   If it does not sell no problem as I will have all this fiber ready to spin and I will use it myself.
 If anybody would like a specific colour just contact me through Etsy and if I have the dye in stock I will do it.  See them on my website :

  https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/MarkreeWoolCraft

2 comments:

  1. I love the red batts I bought from you, Mary. Haven't had time to start spinning, but I keep stroking them (cause they are so soft!) and the colour is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very soft and I found that they made a soft yarn will look forward to hearing how you get on with your spindle

      Delete