Wednesday 10 July 2013

Wensleydale Locks not Teeswater




Lilac locks which are more of my 'cloud'  series.   These are dyed in a steamer in the microwave and have a fair amount of the lock left in its natural white.  In this case it is a little yellow as it is difficult to get the last of the yellow out of the wool using gentle wash products.  All comes from my sheep living a happy life out in the field.
I am posting this as I want to point out that my sheep are pedigree  Wensleydales not Teeswater which is a separate breed.  I have noticed recently that people are selling locks that they call Wensleydale but are tagging them Teeswater and the other way round , not possible.  The sheep above are some of my year old 'hoggets' just before shearing.  These sheep produce the longest and best quality locks

No comments:

Post a Comment