Saturday 6 October 2012

Wensleydale X Suffolk Batts



This  Batt is from the wool from  Susie's lamb who you see here walking across the field just days before she was shorn.   She had the most amazing amount of wool and I now have it all washed and only a little left to dye.   I decided to offer some Batts on my Etsy website as I have so much wool to work with.   I have carded this only once on my drum carder but I can put it through again which will blend the colors more and give a smoother Batt which in turn should give a more even yarn.  I can also put it through my diz to make a roving ready to spin.  If you would like it made into a yarn just contact me and I will get back with a price. I have over 400 gms.  It will make a lovely yarn and also can be used for wet or needle felting 

No comments:

Post a Comment