Friday 26 December 2014

Art Yarns



Two recently made art yarns.  The purple made by spinning only Wensleydale locks into the yarn and then plying them to stablise it.  Not that slow a process as the fibre is fairly fast to prepare.
The turquoise a slower job altogether.  Firstly I need some nice long locks in the same colour way that I have some carded batts.  Then I mixed the different colours of the carded wool together and spun one fairly thick yarn which I then navajo plied attaching in  the locks .  The second lot of batts I spun finer with a lot of twist .  I then used this as the core and core spun the 3 ply yarn and tails onto the finer yarn spinning counter clockwise
These are now listed on my Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/216270004/tail-spun-wensleydale-art-yarn-110-grams?ref=shop_home_active_1

No comments:

Post a Comment