Monday 20 May 2013

Purple Headed Mountain



This yarn is named after a line in the well known hymn   'All Things Bright and Beautiful'   which was written at Markree Castle.    I was getting withdrawal symptoms as I had no fiber ready to spin and so had a dig around in my fiber stash and came out with these colours.    The fibers are a mixture of long and short staple pure Wensleydale and a little Wensleydale X Suffolk.   I carded them individually first and then mixed them once on my drum carder and this just mixed the colours rather than blending them.     The yarn has a lot of texture,    thick and thin bits,  slubs and curls  giving it lots of character.  I ended up with 4 hanks all weighing around 100 grams which I then listed on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/listing/151592229/purple-headed-mountain-hand-dyed-and?ref=shop_home_active

No comments:

Post a Comment